Prev: Re: [SG] Walking Drones and Guns Next: Re: Scouts.....

Re: Scouts.....

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 15:25:03 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Scouts.....

--- Alan E Brain <aebrain@webone.com.au> wrote:

> Next thing you do is to leave the attackers a choice
> of routes to travel. BUT
> their maps are not completely accurate, and they

Why not?  US forces now frequently use satellite
imagery with a UTM gridline superimposed.  Accuracy is
pretty much a given with modern mapping methods and/or
even a handful of recon satellites.

> have no idea where the enemy
> is, apart from "somewhere over this line. We think."

Again, both sat recon and UAVs in plenty make things a
bit more precise.

John

Prev: Re: [SG] Walking Drones and Guns Next: Re: Scouts.....