Prev: [ot] Sonic Devices Next: Re: [SG] Walking Drones and Guns

[SG] Walking Drones and Guns

From: "Bell, Brian K (Contractor)" <Brian.Bell@d...>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 07:48:37 -0500
Subject: [SG] Walking Drones and Guns

I would like to add some small (dog size), 3-6 legged, walking
drones/robots
to a SG game. The idea is that a team lets loose a number of sensor
drones
into an area they expect to have enemy activity. These can be air
dropped,
or walk in on their own power. The drones move stealthily and attempt to
detect enemy locations (and radio them back). My idea was to use hidden
counters until a unit is spotted. You would not know if the counter was
unit or a group of drones moving around. Also a sniper team could carry
one
and activate it to move off if the sniper is spotted (drawing fire away
from
where he is actually retreating). Another use would be as patrolling
sentry
gun (think of the sentry guns from alien that walk the perimeter).

The trouble is finding/building miniatures. Does anyone know of any 3-6
leg
robots, smaller than human size, figures? Any in 15mm?

Anyone know a good way to kit-bash such a figure?

My fallback plan is to take a domed button and use wire or stick pins to
form legs. Then add a piano wire antennae. Don't wait for pictures, most
of
my projects die in the planning stage.

---
Brian Bell
bbell1@insight.rr.com <mailto:bbell1@insight.rr.com>
ICQ: 12848051
AIM: Rlyehable
YIM: Rlyehable
Cygnus X1.info
http://www.cygnusx1.info/ <http://www.cygnusx1.info/>
---

Prev: [ot] Sonic Devices Next: Re: [SG] Walking Drones and Guns