Prev: RE: Librarians, was RE: [SG] HAMR Next: Butterfly & Hellflower (was RE: The GZG Digest V2 #1010)

Re: Librarians, was RE: [SG] HAMR

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 21:43:28 -0500
Subject: Re: Librarians, was RE: [SG] HAMR

> > 2) Its an excuse for more models - they're armies
> > can be borrowed after all
>
> "Some people have children to buy toys for.  I prefer
> to cut out the middleman and buy toys for myself."
> I'm single--I have no reason NOT to dump my entire
> disposable income into the gaming industry.

Well, aside from stocks, bonds, real estate, etc...
No, no, no.  Haven't you learned about the oblique approach yet?  You
tell the child's grandparents "what he really wants for
Christmas/birthday is..." and let *them* do the buying.

> > 6) When they're yours it makes all those other
> > factors seem so very different...

When you are in the process of having your first, at some point you
will say to yourself "I understand there will be some changes in my
life, and I'm prepared for it."  You will not in fact be prepared for
it at all and will have no faintest grasp of how much your viewpoint

Prev: RE: Librarians, was RE: [SG] HAMR Next: Butterfly & Hellflower (was RE: The GZG Digest V2 #1010)