Prev: RE: Librarians, was RE: [SG] HAMR Next: Re: Librarians, was RE: [SG] HAMR

RE: Librarians, was RE: [SG] HAMR

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 18:28:09 -0800 (PST)
Subject: RE: Librarians, was RE: [SG] HAMR

--- Beth.Fulton@csiro.au wrote:

> 1) It is easier to teach them to paint models well

Yeah. . .

> 2) Its an excuse for more models - they're armies
> can be borrowed after all

"Some people have children to buy toys for.  I prefer
to cut out the middleman and buy toys for myself."
I'm single--I have no reason NOT to dump my entire
disposable income into the gaming industry.

> this Fri/Sat... Lachy is planning a hand-to-hand
> gene-stealer/xenomorph/bugs
> fight on Friday evening and Janneke is keen to fly
> WWI airplanes on
> Saturday... so all I have to do now is "turn up and
> play" ;)>

Ah, now that I can understand.

> 5) Its funny watching grade school teachers
> lecture by an x-yr old on French Grand Batteries,
> Sa'Vasku power allocation,
> Light Cavalry from Mongolia or half a dozen other
> topics during "show and
> tell"

YES.  Anything to wierd out teachers.

> 6) When they're yours it makes all those other
> factors seem so very
> different... its why non-parents wonder at why
> parents rabbit irrationally
> about their kids, it really is something you can't
> understand until you've
> been infected yourself ;) ;)

I'm not saying there aren't some upsides.  I've got a
cousin I introduced to OGRE and DSII. . .I think he
just turned 13 (we have so many March birthdays in my
family that we just hold one big celebration at the
end of the month).  But it's best if they are someone
else's so you can feed them sugar and give them back.

John

Prev: RE: Librarians, was RE: [SG] HAMR Next: Re: Librarians, was RE: [SG] HAMR