Prev: Re: [DSII] What Size Forces Do I Need? Next: Re: [DSII] What Size Forces Do I Need?

Re: [DSII] What Size Forces Do I Need?

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 16:17:26 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [DSII] What Size Forces Do I Need?

--- Indy <kochte@stsci.edu> wrote:

> > What size force, or what recommended organization,
> makes a good "normal" game
> > of DSII?
>
> Unsure about that. I'm trying to set up a
> brigade-level game in the near
> future to give that a feel.

I think I'm the only one that's done any work with
Brigade and above structures for DSII, so I'm curious
to see what anyone else comes up with.	Keep me posted
on MTOEs for that.

> > What is the maximum size force and its composition
> for a large (say 6 hour or
> > more) scenario?
>
> Do I hear a desire for a Carter Island scenario?
> John A? You can help
> him out in this one! ;-)

It depends on the mission.  A movement to contact
(Russians spell this 'meeting engagement') scenario
will take maybe 2/3 the time of a deliberate attack
like the Carter Island scenario.  Generally anything
more than 2-3 companies on a side qualifies for Carter
Island award.

> Now that that's been answered (well, sorta), I have
> my own question for
> anyone listening. What is with the '/' seperator in
> unit designations?
> For example, what does "2/66 Armored" mean exactly,
> anyhow? (well, I
> can figure out the "Armored" part, but not the
> "2/66" bit).

"Of the".  In this case, that probably means "2nd
Batallion of the 66th Armored Regiment".  US generally
uses dashes instead, ie: 2-66 Armor.

John

Prev: Re: [DSII] What Size Forces Do I Need? Next: Re: [DSII] What Size Forces Do I Need?