Prev: Re: [Full Thrust] Fuel Next: Re: [DSII] What Size Forces Do I Need?

Re: [DSII] What Size Forces Do I Need?

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 16:12:49 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [DSII] What Size Forces Do I Need?

--- Indy <kochte@stsci.edu> wrote:

> > Carter Island? Huh?
>
> A DSII scenario John A ran a few years back at ECC
> II. It was....big.
> Large. Massive. Huuuuuge! A seriously grandiose
> beach invasion (check
> out the website for pics at:

It wasn't that big.  The attacking force was an ad hoc
batallion (1 company each mech infantry, medium tanks,
heavy tanks, scout platoon, mortar platoon, artillery
battery, engineer platoon, and IIRC some aviation)
against a hodgepodge of defending forces amounting to
2 batallions or so.  With a good block minefield group
in, which nicely channellized the attackers.

> It started in the Sunday morning timeslot (9am).
> IIRC they wrapped
> up the scenario at 4 or 5pm? Unfinished. It became

Well, the attackers had pretty much broken through the
main line of resistance.  The defenders might have won
if they had mustered a counterattack and rolled really
well, but it was unlikely.

> infamous in the
> ECC area of life, and we now have an award for the
> longest running game
> at ECC called the Carter Island Award. None of the

Speaking of which, I still havn't gotten my
retroactive Carter Island Award certificate. . . :)

John

Prev: Re: [Full Thrust] Fuel Next: Re: [DSII] What Size Forces Do I Need?