Prev: [OT] We were soldiers Next: Re: [OT] We were soldiers

Re: [OT] We were soldiers

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 16:33:10 -0800
Subject: Re: [OT] We were soldiers

>From: "Brian Bell" <bbell1@insight.rr.com>

>This may have been discussed on list and I missed it, but...
>
>I just saw "We were Soldiers". I will not comment on the historical
>accuracy
>or tactics (as I would probably say something stupid). But as a
theatrical
>production, I thought that it was well done. It treated everything with
due
>respect. It had a lot of action. And it heroism tinged with the
bittersweet
>of loss.
>
>I would rate this one high (almost 'must see'). I do caution you that
it
>has
>graphic violence (like the 1st part of Private Ryan).

I've made myself an interesting promise, i will not go see either this
movie
or BHD until I've read the corresponding book.	Just started into "We
Were
Soldiers Once, and Young."  I'll do a book report as soon as I find time
finish it (Before which I have to tackle 2 books on the 1915 Turkish
genocide of the Kurds a friend sent me.  Such a fun reading list before
me).

3B^2

Prev: [OT] We were soldiers Next: Re: [OT] We were soldiers