Prev: Re: FT: Streamlining for Sa'Vasku??? Next: Re: Hey mom look I'm on topic!

Re: [OT]: 6mm American Civil War??? was: re: Fav Figs! A question

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@a...>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 13:43:37 -0600
Subject: Re: [OT]: 6mm American Civil War??? was: re: Fav Figs! A question

On Mon, 18 Mar 2002 10:45:13 -0500, "Nortel"
<davidar@nortelnetworks.com>
wrote:

>my son and I are interested in starting some American Civil War gaming.
>while folks are mentioning fig makers, do you guys know of anyone who
makes
>6mm American Civil War?

First off, it's not exactly off topic as I have a set of rules for using
Stargrunt II  for the American Civil War.

If you're after 6mm there are a few manufacturers out there. Irregular
makes
10mm, 6mm, and even 2mm(!) ACW. I haven't been able to find pictures of
their
10mm. I've seen pics of their 2mm ACW and their 6mm Napoleonic. They
look
reasonable.

The other big company for 6mm is Adler. I had some 6mm Napoleonics by
Adler
that I sold recently on eBay. If Adler makes their ACW to the same
quality,
they are a reasonable figure.

Eureka, who sell GZG figures in Australia, sell Irregular figures. I'm
not
sure where I saw the Irregular dealer in the US. Here's Irregular's web
site:
http://www.irregularminiatures.co.uk/

Eureka's site is:
http://www.eurekamin.com.au/

I've dealt with Nic at Eureka and he's great. I think Irregular in the
UK
might be a little cheaper, though.

For Adler, here's a site to check out:
http://www.historicalminiatures.com/admacw.htm

Are you hard set on 6mm? Irregular makes a 10mm, but while cheaper they
don't
compare to the stunning quality of GHQ's 10mm American Civil War line.
It's
another option if you think 6mm may be a little small but you wanted
something
smaller than 15mm.

I hope this helps.

http://www.hyperbear.com

unimaginable mortician was revealed!"

Prev: Re: FT: Streamlining for Sa'Vasku??? Next: Re: Hey mom look I'm on topic!