Prev: Re: [SG] Librarians scenario Next: Re: [OT]: 6mm American Civil War??? was: re: Fav Figs! A question

Sonic Devices

From: Colin Plummer <colin@i...>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 16:05:56 +0000
Subject: Sonic Devices

Hello folks,

  I've just noticed a new device due to be on sale in the UK soon, it's
called
the 'soundbug' and attaches to any surface (including the human skull)
and
turns it into a sounding board.

  I'm interested in the possible utility or weaponry applications of
such a
device (connected to an appropriate tone generator and amplifier).  How
much
output might be required to break toughened glass, or the plexi of riot
shields
etc..

  The device is fairly cheap (and probably simpler to make something
along the
same lines yourself).

  It might be interesting to run a SG2 riot game where some of the
rioters who
get into close combat with the police could shatter shields and other
equipment.

  What might you do to protect something against such an attack?

  For your information the manufacturers are Newlands Scientific

   http://www.terfenol.com/index.asp

  and there is a story on BBC news about it

   http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/sci/tech/newsid_1879000/1879247.stm

--

Prev: Re: [SG] Librarians scenario Next: Re: [OT]: 6mm American Civil War??? was: re: Fav Figs! A question