Prev: [OT]: 6mm American Civil War??? was: re: Fav Figs! A question Next: Sonic Devices

Re: [SG] Librarians scenario

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t...
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 16:55:05 +0100 (CET)
Subject: Re: [SG] Librarians scenario

Germ schrieb:

> > But anyway...I'm being all off-topical.  I'm trying to
> think of something to bring us back around to SGII, but all I can
think of
> is GW's Space Marine Combat Librarians.  I should pick up some just
> so I can run a scenarion about their launching a raid on an enemy
> stronghold to collect some overdue books....

Overdue and "lost" books... Grr...
For some recent games research projects, I have been hunting for
precisely those books that, in the Mega-city of Hamburg, exist in just
one or two of its dozens of libraries..."lost", "overdue" etc.
Fortunately, I did find them eventually. At least, they were worth the
hunt.

A librarian friend of mine tells me that the libraries with the highest
disappearance rates are at the law and theology faculties. Go figure.

> Mind you not as silly as it sounds, the theft of cultural
> relics, including written material by an invading force isn't
unknown.
> Recovery of such items would require knowlegeable
> troopers.

Could make all kinds of interesting scenarios, especially if the
players don't know what the "goods" are. The "goods" are not to be
harmed, of course. Oh, and some of the troopers might be interested in
souvenirs to send home.

> That's a point during WWII did the various forces have
> dedicated historians/librarians/art experts
> to either make sure they stole the valuable stuff or
> recovered it?

No idea about that, but it sounds extremely plausible.

Greetings

Prev: [OT]: 6mm American Civil War??? was: re: Fav Figs! A question Next: Sonic Devices