Prev: RE: FT: Sa'Vasku ship costs... Next: Re: Librarians, was RE: [SG] HAMR

Re: [DS, SG] Riverboat actions

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t...
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 15:14:01 +0100 (CET)
Subject: Re: [DS, SG] Riverboat actions

Bell, Brian K (Contractor) schrieb:
> I believe that Stuart Murray did a Vietnam based game for
> GZGECC, "Charlie Don't Surf", that used riverboats. Anyone in that
game
> care to comment?

I wasn't in that game, but I recently read an article about modern
Finnish coastal defences. They have a lot of interesting stuff deployed
or on order. Stealthy watercraft, missile-armed hovercraft, coastal
batteries (guns and missiles, mobile or in bunkers), coastal ranger
infantry, mines (water and land), a sophisticated networked sensor
system (remember, the Finns brought you Nokia phones)...
Thousands of islands, mostly wooded.

Lots of ideas to make a game that's fun for the invaders ;-)

Greetings

Prev: RE: FT: Sa'Vasku ship costs... Next: Re: Librarians, was RE: [SG] HAMR