Prev: Re: Hey mom look I'm on topic! Next: Re: ARMORED CARS

Graser test (IJN/UN technology resumed)

From: "Anthony Leibrick" <A.Leibrick@b...>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 00:03:00 -0800
Subject: Graser test (IJN/UN technology resumed)

Today I tried a series of battles with a gamma ray laser (GRaser/GRazer)
armed  Yamato BB
using Oerjan's amended details ( I prefer to use the nomenclature
[L]ight, [M]edium and [H]eavy)
against 2 Heavy Cruisers -Vanderburgs-

STATS
Mass 140
Hull 40
Crew factor 7
Screens 2
FTL
M-drive 4
FC x 4
2 x Graser L (mass 10)
1 x Graser M (mass 16)
2 x Beam 3 (2 arc)F/FP F/FS
2 x Beam 2 (3 arc) FP/F/FS
1 x Beam 2 (6 arc)
4 x PDS

Point Value 536

The Cruisers were either a mix of standard Vanderburgs and
Vanderburg(T)s but for the majority of the fights they were the latter
torp variant.

We used vector movement and despite trying to keep the Yamato at long
range to use its hopefully longer ranged weapons. The cruisers still
creamed the Yamato and every encounter.

The consensus from the players was that the Graser was not an uber
weapon although IF it hits it can do a lot of damage, 18 points in one
salvo.

It will be interesting to try a full Battle group armed with Grasers.

<engage field>

Prev: Re: Hey mom look I'm on topic! Next: Re: ARMORED CARS