Prev: Hey mom look I'm on topic! Next: Re: BULLSHIT, was RE: [SG] HAMR

Re: Fav Figs! A question

From: "Kevin J. Clement" <clementk@e...>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 00:24:50 -0500
Subject: Re: Fav Figs! A question

<ptconn@earthlink.net>
>wrote:
>
> >Just for public interest, what are your favorite 5 or 6 figure
> >makers/suppplies and in what scales?
>
>In no particular order:
<snip>
>- Hallmark's 1/6000 scale pre-dreadnoughts
You wouldn't happen to have tried any of their 1/2400 Ironclads? (again
with the Austrians)  Their 1/6000 line looks very nice considering the
size
and that you can fight a battle on a decent sized table. Argh, another
scale, another period :)

>- RAFM's 25mm/28mm Call of Cthulhu line
Excellent line (esp. since I also play CoC and am getting into various
colonial/VSF games). I hear the sculpter has some new figures out under
Pulp Figures http://www.pulpfigures.com/ but I've not seen them yet.
Reviresco also makes some decent cars and figures for the period. (good
price as well) Including a certain Police Box and a Martian Tripod...

Sorta On topic note: Um, You can always CoC beasties as various aliens
or
alien beasties. And I'm sure The Doctor is messing around somewhere,
sometime in the Tuffyverse. And I think somebody did a Aeronef/Airship
conversion of Full Thrust. Aeronef the game was inspired by Full Thrust.

(ironclads tend to make good Aeronefs)

>- Old Glory 15mm American Civil War
I normally play ACW using armies from a friend who used mostly OG's.
Very
well done and he's got enough extras left over for me to have a nice
brigade or two...(gotta luv 100 figure bags o_O)

>Allan Goodall			agoodall@hyperbear.com
>http://www.hyperbear.com
>
>"At long last, the earthy soil of the typical,
>unimaginable mortician was revealed!"
>  - from the Random H.P. Lovecraft Story Generator

Pretty scary how close this gets to the real thing! Now if someone could

make a Clark A. Smith Poem Generator...

- Kevin J. Clement

"It tastes as I have thought that love might taste,
Sweet on the lips, and bitter in the throat. (He reels, then sinks to
his
knees, still clutching the empty goblet.) "

Prev: Hey mom look I'm on topic! Next: Re: BULLSHIT, was RE: [SG] HAMR