Prev: Re: [SG2] Next: Re: Librarians, was RE: [SG] HAMR

Re: Librarians, was RE: [SG] HAMR

From: "John Crimmins" <johncrim@v...>
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2002 23:49:24 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: Librarians, was RE: [SG] HAMR

On Sun, 17 Mar 2002 14:03:41 -0800 (PST), John Atkinson
<johnmatkinson@yahoo.com> wrote :

> --- John Crimmins <johncrim@voicenet.com> wrote:
>
> > Hey, I'm willing to bet that I deal with more
> > ignorance on a daily basis than the rest of this
> > list combined -- it's the nature of my job.  My
>
> What are you, a librarian?

A children's librarian, to be specific.

(Today's Gem:
PARENT: My child has to do a report on a famous African-American, and
her
teacher assigned...here it is: Marie Curie.

ME: <weeps openly>)

> This explains your obsession with secret cabals of
> information brokers controlling the human race from
> behind the scenes. . .

More a reflection of the frustration that comes of dealing with a pack
of
maddened pre-teen children every afternoon.  "Control, control, must
establish
control....  You!  Stop dangling your brother out of the window!  And
you, why
are you looking at porn?  Oh, yeah, sure: it's an assignment for art
class.
Get up, time to go.  Hey, look!  A bag full of white powder.  Great,
time to
call the cops...."

(It happened.  As soon as they heard "white powder" 911 connected me to
the
fire department, but it turned out to be a bag full of drugs, just as
I'd
suspected.  Coke or heroin; I don't know which.)

And yeah, the Cabal has yet to contact me.  Bastards.  I'm giving
serious
thought to making an aluminum foil cap to wear; that'll show 'em.  No,
wait,
*lead* foil!  I've got some spare minis that I could pound flat....

--
John Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com

Prev: Re: [SG2] Next: Re: Librarians, was RE: [SG] HAMR