Prev: Re: Fav Figs! A question Next: Re: goodbye..

ARMORED CARS

From: DAWGFACE47@w...
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2002 20:49:30 -0600 (CST)
Subject: ARMORED CARS

I  know that when we  got our V-100 armore cars we all loved the  extra
protection it offered, but  intensely disliked its puny armament.

first it was ancient.30-cal MG (that worked!) then M-73 MG that worked
about half the time.

we were always	packing  unauthorized	weapons in an effort to increase
our  firepower.

extra M-60 LMGs mounted to fire  off the  top and over the rear and rear
sides. no tureeret' just a roof top escape hatch from the  personnel
compartment..

M-79 GL fired through firing  aperturedsin the front and  sides, along
with  M-16s,  and finallya bizzaro looking  USN  belt fed and hand
cranked GL scrounged from the RIVERINE	guys when they started going
home replaced the  rear M-60.

and we saw the ARVNs V-100s  with .50-cal HMG and an M-73 mounted in
their turrets but could not  ge them.

those of us who had been to europe wished we had some of those big UK
armored cars with the 90mm main gun and MGs, or even some French ones!

but still it  beat a soft skinned jeep to hell and  back as a fighting
vehicle.

y'all know, i m consistantly surprissed to see scenarios  involving
AFVs and such  being ignord bygamers in all sets of  rules.

SG II would  work very nice  for a convoy escort, or patrol of AFVs, or
a reco unit of smae having to deal with determined grunts in ambush or
defensive positions.

Prev: Re: Fav Figs! A question Next: Re: goodbye..