Prev: Re: Buckingham bullets, was (ahem!) Next: ARMORED CARS

Re: Fav Figs! A question

From: "Kevin J. Clement" <clementk@a...>
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2002 20:56:17 -0500
Subject: Re: Fav Figs! A question

At 06:04 PM 3/15/2002 -0800, you wrote:
>On a list that I sub to I ran across a query that I think might be of
some
>interest to the group.
>
>Just for public interest, what are your favorite 5 or 6 figure
>makers/suppplies and in what scales?

Gripping Beast Late Roman/Dark Ages/Byzantine 28-32+ mm ^_^

Old Glory 18mm Ancients (though I'm getting into FPW and play ACW with a

friend's mainly OG armies and they look great)
	 (esp. their Skythians, any of their warband or horse archers
[plenty of choices], cataphracts, Bosporan Infantry, Maitotian Infantry,

Kappadokian Cavalry, cataphracts, Elephants, oh and cataphracts)
and
Old Glory 28mm WWI and Colonial (Pathans, Freicorps, and Bersagliere oh
my!)

Essex 15mm Ancients used to fill gaps in the OG15mm line/variety, for
cataphracts that fit on a 40x30mm stand, and that wonder of ancient
warfare, Cataphract Camels. Their bolt throwers make excellent flaming
pig
throwers.

Peter Pig 15mm WWI/RCW (so many varieties, so many Russians to paint)

SJGames' reissue/expansion of their Ogre minis (esp. their Ogrethulhu) ?

1/285 1/300 ?

AOG's B5 Wars fleet action (esp. the Narn, Centauri, and assorted EA
small
flying bricks)

I like GZG's lines though I've not bought enough of them *yet* to put
them
on a very short list of favorite makers.

Special mention though to DP9's Ferret Heavy Gear with Butt Wheel
deployed...

>Any thoughts?

Evidently I like exotic hats and pre-Industrial Age tanks. (I play
mainly
Austrian in Napoleonics but also have some Bavarians...)

>Thanks
>Pat Connaughton

Yer welcome.

Prev: Re: Buckingham bullets, was (ahem!) Next: ARMORED CARS