Prev: Re: [ARCHIVES] Overhaul complete Next: Re: [ARCHIVES] Overhaul complete

Re: FT: Sa'Vasku ship costs...

From: Charles Taylor <nerik@m...>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 19:43:29 GMT
Subject: Re: FT: Sa'Vasku ship costs...

In message <5.1.0.14.1.20020314215939.00a61b80@d1o4.telia.com>
	  Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@telia.com> wrote:

> Charles Taylor wrote:
>
> [snip IAS's idea and my comments to it]
>
> > >However, the above idea needs to be combined with other fixes -
otherwise
> > >it doesn't do anything about the problem with SV which stay at
range 72+
> > >and picks the enemy apart :-/
> >
> >Well, fortunately, there are only 3 SV designs in FB2 that can do
that
> >(the 3 biggest) :-)
>
> It is not the FB2 designs which cause the big problems. It is all
those
> custom designs which typically spend 35-40% of their TMF on power
> generators, rather than the 17-25% of the FB2 ships.
>
> Later,
>
> Oerjan
> oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

...or 50%, or 70%, or more :-)
The suggestion that, the greater %age of total hull that was spent on
generators, the greater the cost per mass of the generators would
partially fix the problem - maybe - if the costs were set right :-)

Charles

Prev: Re: [ARCHIVES] Overhaul complete Next: Re: [ARCHIVES] Overhaul complete