Prev: RE: Large Scale Games (was Re: Stardestroyer stats) Next: RE: RE: FMAS 1:1

RE: [FT] Updated MT Missiles question

From: Noam Izenberg <noam.izenberg@j...>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 15:35:05 -0500
Subject: RE: [FT] Updated MT Missiles question

> [6 turns is Quite a long time.]
>
> [Bri] In MT, missiles had an endurance of 3, and so did fighters.
Since
> fighters were extended, missiles should be also.

They are different beasts. MT missiles with restricted turn abilities
and 6 turn endurance will be trying to come around for half the game if
they miss the first time.

> [Bri] You are _more_ likely to be overwhelmed by MTM. This is due to:
> 1. You can fire all of them at once.
> 2. Each _missile_ is targeted by PDS seperatly.
> ...Thus
> something needs to be done to reduce the number of effective missiles
> or the
> problem will repeat. SMLs & SMRs are limiting by the increased mass to
> damage ratio.

That is why I prefer the "kill MT missile on a 4-6" for PDS. It is
simpler and IMO more logically consistent with SMs than fratricide.

I generally like Alan's set of missile rules with two exceptions. They
don't belong in racks (different beasts ), and I'm not sure if the EMP
mechanic works yet. Also I think there must have been a typo in the
recent post of them -stating the EMP roll was 2+, which would cripple
any ship, any time.

Prev: RE: Large Scale Games (was Re: Stardestroyer stats) Next: RE: RE: FMAS 1:1