Prev: Re: Stargrunt Questions revisited Next: Re: SG2 terrain

Re: [sg] SG2 terrain

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@a...>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 16:15:37 -0600
Subject: Re: [sg] SG2 terrain

On Wed, 13 Mar 2002 12:22:18 -0500, "Bell, Brian K (Contractor)"
<Brian.Bell@dscc.dla.mil> wrote:

>I am not arguing with Allan either, just supprised.

Oh, well it depends on what you mean by "area". There's a fair size
hunting
area that's wooded nearby. If you drive down Route 165, it's far, far
more
open. It's mostly farmland, so make that, oh, 10% to 15%. Of course, a
lot of
this area is land with a REALLY high water table. A lot of it is
undeveloped
because of that. So, you have large lots with a levy around it, because
it
once filled with water (and has now had drainage systems added). You get
a big
berm around a square area, a natural laager/artillery park.

I'm reading Stephen Sears book about Chancellorsville right now. 75%
wooded
for most of that area is probably _understating_ the woods. Mind you,
that was
139 years ago. Still, it could easily work for a science fiction
scenario.

http://www.hyperbear.com

unimaginable mortician was revealed!"

Prev: Re: Stargrunt Questions revisited Next: Re: SG2 terrain