Prev: Re: BARBEQUE Next: Re: Figures, Games at ECC (last one/next one)

Re: 1:1 FMAS

From: "Richard Kirke" <richardkirke@h...>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 20:23:56 +0000
Subject: Re: 1:1 FMAS

>Tomb:
>And the local comic shop team beat our infantry unit at paintball. The
>most deadly paintballers I ever met (to enemies and friends too) were a
>pair of guys who worked at Kingston General Hospital but one of whom
had
>been an early Afghan war correspondent dodging Hinds with the
>Mujahadeen. He'd been hit with an AK-47 once. He'd learned how to move
>_very_ quietly in the woods and was a crack shot.
>
>But I also know that the military people are in good shape and that
>counts on larger capture-the-flag style paintball fields. And outside
>the artifice of a laser-tag event, I'd rather not meat them....

I think it is important to realise that paintball and laser tag and all
these games bear very little resemblence to reality. It is just a game!
Training, tactics etc really don't work with either game for the simple
reason that the rules are completely different, as are the
ranges/accuracies.

But physical fitness (and the ability to move quietly in the woods) is
pretty key.

I would reckon that running Tuffleyverse versions of a military exercise

(using miltary style laser equipment) would be the best way to work it,
but
that's taking it waaaaaaaaaay to seriuosly for me!

Richard

Prev: Re: BARBEQUE Next: Re: Figures, Games at ECC (last one/next one)