Prev: RE: Re: [FMAS] [ECC VI] was SG2 Terrain Next: Figures, Games at ECC (last one/next one)

Re: [SG] Terrain ... How Much

From: Mike.Elliott@i...
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 19:36:29 +0000
Subject: Re: [SG] Terrain ... How Much

Hi all,

A friend of mine came up with an idea for urban terrain that doesn't
cost
the earth (?!?) and is easy to store. What he does is use the card
backing
from pads of paper (here in the UK, we call it A4, but I guess t'other
side
of the pond it would be Letter or Foolscap?). Anyway, he then gets
smaller
pieces of card, paints or sprays them black and sticks them on to the A4
sized pieces. Each of the black pieces is thus a building and each A4
piece
is a "city block" (this method was designed for use with 15mm figs). The
overall effect when a number of these are laid out on the table is like
street map. The gaps between the blocks are streets or alley ways
depending
on the width. The fact that the buildings are only flat black shapes
doesn't seem to matter too much and actually makes the game play easier
since 3d buidlings would get in the way. Maybe a "cheap and cheerful"
way
of doing urban terrain until you can afford lots of 3d buildings?

Just my £0.02 (no Euros here, yet, thank God!)

Mike

This email has originated from a shared mail relay station for Bull
Information Systems Ltd (Registration No: 2017873) and Integris Ltd (a
Steria company, Registration No: 2706218).

Privileged, confidential and/or copyright information may be contained
in
this email, and is only for the use of the intended addressee. To copy,
forward, disclose or otherwise use it in any way if you are not the
intended recipient or responsible for delivering to him/her is
prohibited.

If you receive this email by mistake, please advise the sender
immediately,
by using the reply facility in your email software.

We may monitor the content of emails sent and received via our network
for
the purposes of ensuring compliance with policies and procedures.

relationships between Bull Information Systems Ltd or Integris Ltd.

Both offices registered at: Computer House, Great West Road, Brentford,
Middlesex, TW8 9DH

Prev: RE: Re: [FMAS] [ECC VI] was SG2 Terrain Next: Figures, Games at ECC (last one/next one)