Prev: Re: DSII/ Assault Lander, was Fwd: Ask... Next: Re: [OT]Responsibility and the Merchants of Death

Re: Teeny Nukes

From: "Alan and Carmel Brain" <aebrain@w...>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 19:25:31 +1100
Subject: Re: Teeny Nukes

From: "Roger Burton West" <roger@firedrake.org>

> Gyrobombs!
>
> With sufficient materials tech, you can get more energy per mass in a
> spinning gyroscope than in any current chemical explosive.

But moving them would be a bitch due to gyroscopic effects.
You wouldn't want em to start precessing....

BTW I talked with an astronomer not so long ago: one of the more
exotic objects under study is a (suspected) black hole, with an
accretion disk showing a doppler of 1/3c on one side, -1/3c on the
other.

I *really* don't want to think about the tidal forces on something
 whose orbital velocity is 1/3c and whose period is in millisecs.
"It's matter, Jim, but not as we know it."

Prev: Re: DSII/ Assault Lander, was Fwd: Ask... Next: Re: [OT]Responsibility and the Merchants of Death