Prev: RE: Eyes have it Next: Re: [DSII]Aerospace firing

RE: [SGII] The Eyes Have It.

From: Beth.Fulton@c...
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 10:10:45 +1100
Subject: RE: [SGII] The Eyes Have It.

G'day,

> Thus, a survey of sorts: You Stargrunt players, how many of
> you bother painting the eyes on your miniatures?  I'm
> speaking mainly to the 25mm/28mm
> folks here, although any of you crazed 15mm enthusiasts are
> free to speak up here as well.

I paint eyes on my 25mms <well the human ones at least ;)>, but usually
just
leave the "eyes" black on 15mms, which still works OK.

>  1) Paint the eye socket a very dark shade of the skin color
> -- usually medium brown for caucasian figures.

I just keep the balck from the undercoat.

>  2) Paint the eyeballs a light gray -- white is too bright.

Cream is OK, but white isn't too bad... could be my black undercoat
though.

>  3) Dot the first eyeball with a point of black...

Actually I've found it works better if you put in a spot of another
colour,
blue, brown, green, grey.... red if they're supposed to be possessed.
Then
add the black dot and the eyelids. Works well and less (if any) of the
"my
gosh that gave me a start"

Cheers

Prev: RE: Eyes have it Next: Re: [DSII]Aerospace firing