Prev: Re: DSII question Next: Re: [SGII] The Eyes Have It.

RE: [SGII] The Eyes Have It.

From: "Bell, Brian K (Contractor)" <Brian.Bell@d...>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 13:37:24 -0500
Subject: RE: [SGII] The Eyes Have It.

Stuart Murry just gave a painting seminar at GZGECC on painting figures
for
minatures wargaming (as opposed to contests).

On of the things he suggested was to just wash the face of the minature
with
a darker (flesh?) wash. This darkens the eyes and brings out other
facial
features.

OTOH, he suggested if you wanted to paint the eyes, do the following
(IIRC):
1. Paint and wash (with ink, not soap) miniature's face.
2. Paint eye socket black or dark brown.
3. Paint eye socket white (don't cover all of black).
4. Paint irus/pupil.
5. Paint orignal flesh color across top of eye as eyelid.

I have just started doing 15mm Stargrunt and do not plan to paint the
eyes.

-----
Brian Bell
-----