Prev: [SGII] The Eyes Have It. Next: RE: [SGII] The Eyes Have It.

Re: DSII question

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 19:33:05 +0100
Subject: Re: DSII question

Indy wrote:

>Can a tank (element, whatnot) fire a GMS in addition to it's main
>weapon in a given turn?

Not under the published rules, no.

>And if not, what's the point of mounting GMS' on tanks with weapons
that
>out-range the GMS'? (and hit better, etc).

Size/1, Armour/0, CFE power, HMW mobility, 1xGMS/H. When in a Hull Down
position this vehicle defends against your long-range gunfire with a D12

signature die and a D10 secondary die. In the same situation, the only
defence it has against your GMS is a D4 ECM die. Which of your GMS and
your
gun is more likely to hit it?

Yes, enough artillery will take of that jeep too... if you manage the
Request for Artillery roll, have a battery available, and has enough
ammo :-/

John Atkinson wrote:

>Of course, I'd want to start adding to the cost of GMSs if you make
them
>more capable.

One very nasty thing to do to GMSs is to force them to keep track of
their
ammo supply. Yes, that adds book-keeping - but it also means that while
having a dozen GMS launchers on a single vehicle could allow you to fire

them all in a single turn, you most likely won't be able to carry any
reloads in the same single vehicle <g>

>OO can do the analysis, but if you take my 'standard' tank destroyer
>designs (size 2, 2xGMS/H)
>and allow them to engage 2 targets each, it seems to me that you make
them
>almost twice as effective,

Twice the number of shots but no other changes => vehicle is SQRT(2) =
1.4x
as effective.

Later,

Oerjan
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.

Prev: [SGII] The Eyes Have It. Next: RE: [SGII] The Eyes Have It.