Prev: Re: Stargrunt Questions Next: Dropships

RE:[FT] Wave Guns Redux (again!) [long]

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2002 08:44:07 -0800
Subject: RE:[FT] Wave Guns Redux (again!) [long]

Charles Taylor Wrote:

>Well, FT2 does suggest the use of d12's for determining random
>directions, but...
*snip*

Plus, if you are leaning towards fix recharge times, my suggestion is
not
really necessary - it was just that, one suggested alternative.

> > it
> > >would be
> > >"Starship Combat - FMA" ;)
> >
> > The problem with this being..........
> >
> > 2B^2
> >
>Nothing, if someone is willing to put the time & effort into developing
>it :-)

Actually I HAVE been fiddling with a SORT of Space Combat FMA - actually

Aerospace FMA, sort of FT FMA and DS II in space.  The intention is to
create a fighter-level aerospace combat game with fighters that are
fully
compatible in design with DS II fighter rules, so that if someone WANTS
to,
they can have people playing 2 concurrent games - DS II and the fighter
game
(tentatively called Full Afterburners), with the fighters able to enter
the
DSII game to add air support.  Currently the biggest obstacle is coming
up
with a way to convert FT movement rules into 3D for atmospheric combat
(The
idea is to allow either movement while in space, but a 3d form of
cinematic
in-atmosphere) and my reticence t put too much effort into DS II
compatibility since that sytem seems on ther cusp of a major revamp.

2B^2

Prev: Re: Stargrunt Questions Next: Dropships