Prev: Re: Hills, Mountains, etc. Next: RE: Hills, Mountains, etc.

Re: Hills, Mountains, etc.

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 13:30:12 -0500
Subject: Re: Hills, Mountains, etc.

At 6:20 PM +0100 3/7/02, KH.Ranitzsch@t-online.de wrote:

>I think tractors are especially prone to falling over because they are
>relatively narrow and high, with a high center of gravity. Most
>military vehicles won't fall over that easily. But it can still happen.

Hmm. Tell that to folks that have gotten tanks upside down. Doug's
Heavy Metal Gallery has an interesting story by a USMC tanker who had
to off load ammo from a tank that was driven over a steep hill in the
dark and ended up inverted. They had to off load the ammo with
battery acid dripping around them.
- Ryan Montieth Gill			     '01 Honda Insight -
- rmgill@mindspring.com 		 '76 Chevy Monte Carlo -
- ryan.gill@turner.com			       '72 Honda CB750 -
- www.mindspring.com/~rmgill	      '60 Daimler FV701H Mk2/3 -
-  C&R-FFL  /  Protect your electronic rights!	  \ EFF        -

Prev: Re: Hills, Mountains, etc. Next: RE: Hills, Mountains, etc.