Prev: Re: More on Star Wars Ships Next: Re: More on Star Wars Ships

RE: More on Star Wars Ships

From: "B Lin" <lin@r...>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 14:26:47 -0700
Subject: RE: More on Star Wars Ships

I think the name "Star Destroyer" was to imply that they had the
firepower to destroy a star. Although not true, since there is some
reference to "it would take a thousand star destroyers to destroy a
planet" or something like that, and even the Death Star only had enough
to destroy a planet, not a star.

There is something to be said about naming stuff for propoganda purposes
- i.e. Titanic (named for her large size), the Reagan "Star Wars"
projects, A-10 Thunderbolt II, "Grand Slam" 22,000 lbs bomb.  Such names
may inspire more fear than the actual product.

--Binhan