Prev: RE: FT-Shiva option/starfire designs Next: RE: FT-Shiva option/starfire designs

GZG ECC V Con Report

From: Rick Rutherford <Rick@e...>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 14:45:23 -0500
Subject: GZG ECC V Con Report

Hi all,

Here's another con report for the GZG East Coast Convention:

Saturday morning: FMA Pirates, run by Nick Caldwell.
Nick winged it masterfully when the players decided to do strange
things.
For example, when the group of Martian natives made it to the
pyramid-shrine
(their objective) at the end of the table, Nick says, "Okay, the
Martians
place their hands on the shrine and it begins to glow." One of the
Martian
players says, "We activate the force shield!" Nick, knowing very well
that
he didn't plan to have a force shield in the scenario, says, "Okay, you
activate the force shield." Later, when the shrine explodes, the force
shield contains the explosion, killing all of the Martian natives
trapped
inside! :)

Saturday afternoon: Carnage Con Queso (SG2), run by Adrian Johnson.
This is the second year that this event was won by deception & guile:
"...winning? Who, me? No, I'm not winning... you should go attack Tom
Barclay..." Adrian did a great job of keeping things moving, even though
there were nine different players in the game. Fortunately for me,
nobody
was willing to challenge me for my pile of cheese, and I ended up
winning
the event. As I am now "Keeper of the Cheese" this year, I'll be the one
run next year's scenario.

Saturday evening: Racing to Ruin (FMA), run by Tom Barclay.
The previous two events had been loud, fun games with lots of energy,
however this one turned out to be more of a thoughtful tactical
exercise. I
discovered (again) that Chris DeBoe is a real gentleman, even as an
opponent
-- given an opportunity to blast 2 of our troopers out in the open with
plasma gun, he passed up the shot because the plasma gunner couldn't
have
seen them from where he was on the table. Despite the ending, Tom ran an
excellent scenario.

The prizes for the events & the painting contest this year were
incredible
-- I won a 15mm scale APC from DLD productions, and it looks great!
(...and
I HATE resin kits.) Mark, Jon and Jerry did a fantastic job organizing
the
convention this year!

-- Rick "Queso King" Rutherford

Prev: RE: FT-Shiva option/starfire designs Next: RE: FT-Shiva option/starfire designs