Prev: Re: GEV Tank - corrugated Next: re: [DSII] infantry figures

re: Re: IJN/UNSC technology -- HBW Stats

From: "David Reeves"<davidar@n...>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 09:29:59 -0500
Subject: re: Re: IJN/UNSC technology -- HBW Stats

hi Bob,

we discussed Heavy Beam Weapon (HBW) stats for B5 heavy lasers, etc
about 1
year ago.  I believe we kicked around a couple of versions.  here's a
short
version of my latest version.

HBW
power: 1 Energy Point (EP)/HBW level  (HBW2 = 2 EP)
range: 12"/HBW level  (HBW3 = 36")
       -1 EP/range bracket > 1	(>12" <=24" = -1 EP, >24" <=36" = -2 EP)
FT dice: 2 dice/EP  (HBW3 = 6 dice upto 12", 4 dice upto 24", 2 dice
upto
36")
recharge: 1 EP/turn
mass: 2x equivalent beam?  (needs more test)
cost: 2x equivalent beam?  (needs more test)

unlike our previous ideas, I dropped the recharge capacitor of earlier
versions.  it was en extra component and complication to track.
essentially, the HB is twice as powerful as a normal FT beam weapon.

one caveat: when I test the above, I test with the FT B5 rules that I
have
written over the past year and tested.	I have made a more radical
departure
from the base FT rules.  for example, all weapons have some sort of
recharge
rate (versus fire every turn).	so, YMMV with the HBW above --
specifically,
your first shot has an advantage in doing all its damage up front versus
normal beam weapon.  however, you get pounded by every-turn beams while
you
wait for the HBW to recharge.

if you are interested, I have also converted other B5 weapons.

Dave

Prev: Re: GEV Tank - corrugated Next: re: [DSII] infantry figures