Prev: Re: BREN/BAR THOUGHTS Next: Re: BREN/BAR THOUGHTS

Re: GEV Tank

From: "Randy W. Wolfmeyer" <rwwolfme@a...>
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2002 09:57:19 -0600 (CST)
Subject: Re: GEV Tank

> What sort of materials were you using?
>
> Richard

Mostly just Evergreen and Plastruct sheets and rods for the frame, and
using Plastruct Weld (plastic solvent) to hold it all together. The
turret ring is two small plastic bottles I had in my junk box that fit
into one another.  The skirt is actually a strip cut out of that tubing
you can buy to run all your computer cables through.  The tubing never
actually made it to its designed purpose, and I owe my wife a new one
now.

I had thought about the fact that the intakes were probably a weak point
in a realistic design, but then again it looked so much cooler than any
other
layout I could think of.  And in this case coolness had to win out.

Randy Wolfmeyer

Prev: Re: BREN/BAR THOUGHTS Next: Re: BREN/BAR THOUGHTS