Prev: Re: [SG-WW2] BAR Next: Re: Re: IJN/UNSC technology

OT: Hunting Rounds

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2002 08:04:53 -0800
Subject: OT: Hunting Rounds

>From: bbrush@unlnotes.unl.edu

>Yes it did fire the .30-06 round.  I have to agree, it's an excellent
>caliber for general purpose hunting.  A little heavy for small game
though.

I'm still a fan of the "Obsolete" .30-30 round as well, having grown up
in
Western Oregon, where the amount of cover means extreme-range shots are
rare.  It's a handy little round, easier on smaller game than the
Ought-six,
and being a lefty, I find lever actios a lot more attractive than
shelling
out extra $ for a Left-handed action.

2B^2

Prev: Re: [SG-WW2] BAR Next: Re: Re: IJN/UNSC technology