Prev: Re: Differential GPS Next: FT: Phalons & Ship classes

Re: FIRE TEAMS IN SG II -> we ended up without using them...

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t...
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 15:18:31 +0100 (MET)
Subject: Re: FIRE TEAMS IN SG II -> we ended up without using them...

Christopher Downes-Ward schrieb:
> Flares have no nationality, you'd have to get both sides
> to write down their predefined signals and compare them.
> Two reds and a green might mean "Peform Fire Mission 2"
> to the Russians and "Lift fire we've taken the objective" for the
Germans.

Right, though you usually can see where they come from (more or less).
And you might want to dice for availability of the proper colour, or
whether the sequence shot off is correct, or whether the observer is
colour blind.

It was a viable means of signalling, but it did have its problems, and
some of them should appear in the game to make life interesting for the
gamers :-)

Greetings
Karl Heinz

Prev: Re: Differential GPS Next: FT: Phalons & Ship classes