Prev: Re: [ECC] See you in Lancaster Next: Re: [ECC] See you in Lancaster

Re: FIRE TEAMS IN SG II -> we ended up without using them...

From: "Claus Paludan" <cpaludan@w...>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 08:39:39 GMT
Subject: Re: FIRE TEAMS IN SG II -> we ended up without using them...

Tony Francis writes:

>> 2) Artillery (primarily mortars) will have to be defined by nations
as well.

> I would have thought that there's little practical difference between
> German 8cm, British 3", US 81mm or Russian 82mm mortar in terms of
game
> effect - except in range, which will always be long enough to cover
the
> whole table anyway. Burst area and impact would be the same.

Agreed - what I meant was that the amount of available mortars would be
nation specific (and scenario of course).
>> 3) Radio communication will also be defined both by nation and
difficulty
>> (it was a bit too easy to call down the mortar fire)
>
> The Russians shouldn't have been able to call mortar fire at all. If
> available, I would think it would have to be pre-planned.

Well for this scenario they had it because we needed to test the rules -

wether or not they should have it historicly we still have to work on.
We
have some historicans in our gaming club that has great knowledge of the

russian army so I think I'll check with them.

Artillery greater than mortars would have to be pre-planned AND
pre-bombarded. It wouldn't fit into the game to have a a battery of
150mm
slamming on to the table...

 ---
With kind regards
Claus Paludan

W-site [privat] : http://www.krigsspil.dk

Prev: Re: [ECC] See you in Lancaster Next: Re: [ECC] See you in Lancaster