Prev: Re: FIRE TEAMS IN SG II -> we ended up without using them... Next: Re: [ECC] See you in Lancaster

Re: FIRE TEAMS IN SG II -> we ended up without using them...

From: Tony Francis <tony.francis@k...>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 08:33:10 +0000
Subject: Re: FIRE TEAMS IN SG II -> we ended up without using them...

Claus Paludan wrote:

> Conclusion:
> 1) Fireteams wasn't used - no lessons learned there :-(
> 2) Mortars are devastating when you have no body amor at all.
> 3) Rifles/mgs are equally deadly due to the lack of amor.
>
> What comes next:
> 1) We will define what nations actually separated their mgs from the
squad
> from those who didn't
> 2) Artillery (primarily mortars) will have to be defined by nations as
well.

I would have thought that there's little practical difference between a
German 8cm, British 3", US 81mm or Russian 82mm mortar in terms of game
effect - except in range, which will always be long enough to cover the
whole table anyway. Burst area and impact would be the same.

> 3) Radio communication will also be defined both by nation and
difficulty
> (it was a bit too easy to call down the mortar fire)

The Russians shouldn't have been able to call mortar fire at all. If
available, I would think it would have to be pre-planned.

> 4) General distinction between the nations and the way they fought.

Tony

Tony Francis
Senior Software Engineer
Kuju Entertainment

Prev: Re: FIRE TEAMS IN SG II -> we ended up without using them... Next: Re: [ECC] See you in Lancaster