Prev: Re: [FT] A Modest Rate of Fire Proposal Next: Re: [FT/MT/DS]: Mass vs Capacity

Re: [FT/MT/DS]: Mass vs Capacity

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 06:29:35 -0800
Subject: Re: [FT/MT/DS]: Mass vs Capacity

Oerjan Ohlson wrote:

>You're reading things into the rules which aren't actually there.

No, I'm not.

*Snip*
>You have mixed the two up - the "mass of 1" comes from the Small Craft
>entry, not from the Fighter entry. Fighters aren't the same thing as
small
>craft; a small craft bay can't service fighters, and a fighter bay
can't
>carry a small craft.

Fleet Book 1, Page 8, Column 1, Last Paragraph:
"Under the new construction system any ship can be made into a TENDER by

having internal bay space allocated to carry other ships at the same
rate as
for carrying	***_Fighters_***  and other small craft - ie: every 1.5
MASS
used for Hangar bay space provides capacity for 1 MASS of carried
ship(s)."

Wow - how could I ever have read that to mean that the 9 mass for a
fighter
bay meant that the 6 fighters themselves have a mass of 6, or 1 per
ship?
What was I THINKING?

>The total bay MASS needed to hold 1 MASS of small craft and minimal
service
>equipment and stores is equal to the MASS needed to hold 1 fighter plus
>large amounts of service equipment and stores,

Small craft bays are also meant to recreate dropships/interface landers
-
hmmm.... minimal service equipment - why do you hate your gropos so that
you
would want them dead before they hit the ground? ;-)

but this doesn't mean
>that
>the fighter is 1 MASS. Quite the contrary, in fact.

See above.  If 6 fighters have 6 mass, 1 fighter has 1 mass.

2B^2

Prev: Re: [FT] A Modest Rate of Fire Proposal Next: Re: [FT/MT/DS]: Mass vs Capacity