Prev: Re: Macro Rules Next: Re: Pulsar Nav accuracy

Re: Macro Rules

From: Roger Burton West <roger@f...>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 08:52:13 +0000
Subject: Re: Macro Rules

On Wed, Feb 27, 2002 at 02:23:56AM +0000, Joe Ross wrote:
>Weren't there rules in MT that went something like each point of
equipment
>cost took a week to build the item, and a damaged item took half the
time
>to repair? Which spawned the whole "Combat repair/Stardock repair"
>debate.... I could be wrong...

FT2 p.35 talks about repair. In the campaign system I'm currently
working on, what's done with damage control is referred to as
"jury-rigging", as opposed to "repair" which is what happens at a naval
base. It's more effective because:

- you get to shut down the rest of the ship while you're working
- it's not being done in the middle of combat
- there's less time pressure
- there are more replacement parts available

Prev: Re: Macro Rules Next: Re: Pulsar Nav accuracy