Prev: Re: SPS/Pulsars Next: Re: FTL COMMUNICATIONS

RE: SPS/Pulsars

From: "B Lin" <lin@r...>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 16:41:38 -0700
Subject: RE: SPS/Pulsars

The unmanned, non-thrust pods avoid that problem by transmitting the
signal.  In-system, you aren't going to get much faster than Light
Speed, so the pod would arrive in-system, transmit the data, receive new
data and pop back out.	If it is a couple of light hours out then it
takes a couple of hours to transmit the data in, then a couple of hours
while the response and outgoing data is sent to it.  Meanwhile it's
fixing it's actual location for the trip back and re-charging the FTL.
Maybe six hours total before it starts the return journey.  By having
multiple units, you could conceivably have one going out every hour.

If people are willing to postulate that mass 8 FTL boats are viable, I
would think that in certain systems, having a network of FTL transmitter
pods would be viable.

Private, high security data would still be sent by courier.

--Binhan