Prev: RE: FTL COMMUNICATIONS Next: RE: Planets - worms

Re: FTL COMMUNICATIONS

From: Roger Burton West <roger@f...>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 15:36:16 +0000
Subject: Re: FTL COMMUNICATIONS

On Tue, Feb 26, 2002 at 10:32:30AM -0500, Bell, Brian K (Contractor)
wrote:
>I agree with everything except the "basically free" part.
>It cost precious mass to add the message retention and
>broadcast system to a ship.

But ships already have communications systems, and computer storage is
very light compared with most of the other things they might be
carrying. Sure, the marginal cost of carrying a message won't be zero,
but it'll be pretty close. What they charge is another matter.

>"All trafic will bear" - Nicholas Van Rijin

Absolutely!

Prev: RE: FTL COMMUNICATIONS Next: RE: Planets - worms