Prev: RE: Chessex Next: Re: [FT] A Modest Rate of Fire Proposal

RE: Planets - worms

From: John Lambshead <pjdl@n...>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 13:50:09 +0000
Subject: RE: Planets - worms

Well, walk or touch water/damp vegetation and zillions of nemas will
bore
through your skin, ride your bloodstream to the liver, feed and grow,
back
round to your lungs, bore through and crawl up your throat (you can
cough
them up at this stage) and back down into the gut to breed and lay eggs.

The suicide squads are worms that bore into the wrong species (worm
species
- host species are fairly specific). They get lost (wrong body map) and
become 'larvae migrans'. They bore round the body at random doing
horrible
damage causing blindness (dog hookworm in children) or even
swiss-cheesing
the brain. V.nast.

I am not even going to tell you about the ones that infect the testicles

and xause them to sell up so big that you need a wheelbarrow to
walk..........woops, I justy did.
John

> > > Yes but do the Nema's(copyright pending) have an expendable class
or
> > > suicide worm squads. Without such I think earthly
> > > domination might be beyond their reach :)
> >
> > Yep, its their pushy lawn bug caste ;)
> > Beth
>
>Ok, ok I'm on it. (anything to get a little peace around here :)

Dr PJD Lambshead
Head, Nematode Research Group
Department of Zoology
The Natural History Museum
London SW7 5BD, UK.
Tel +44 (0)20 7942 5032
Fax +44 (0)20 7942 5433
http://www.nhm.ac.uk/zoology/home/lambshead.htm
http://www.nhm.ac.uk/zoology/nematode/index.html

What a wonderful thing is the cat! on making it God said "That's that!
Supurrnatural selection has brought us purrfection -
which is a great relief to Me after My earlier mistake with the nematode
worm
(Rowena Sommerville)

Prev: RE: Chessex Next: Re: [FT] A Modest Rate of Fire Proposal