Prev: Re: other periods Next: SV: other periods

SG2->WW2, bugs, glossaries, etc.

From: "Tomb" <tomb@d...>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 11:53:37 -0500
Subject: SG2->WW2, bugs, glossaries, etc.

SG2->WW2:

Mike Elliot wrote some WW2 conversions, and they were okay (were they
DS2?). The trick seems to be in assigning vehicle stats. I did a big WW2
1/72nd battle using SG2 rules, and it worked pretty good. It comes down
to arguments like where you rate a given 76mm gun versus another (class
wise). Mike also wrote rules for Low Velocity Cannons. Also, getting
in-period TO&E right and reflecting the differences between Russki and
German force strengths, etc.

I'll eventually get my conversions up on www.stargrunt.ca. Once RL slows
down and Lancaster is over.

Bugs:

If you've read Starship Troopers, you should also read John Steakey's
Armour. (Or was it Armor? Probably). Another interesting PA vs. Bugs
book. Kind of grim overtones here.

Glossaries:

We're working one at stargrunt.ca, only real life has kind of got in the
way. Eventually (no promises on when), I plan to have the standard game
abbreviations all represented. Plus a pile of other military ones.

Etc:

I was chuckling a lot at the "we held them on the beach" comments made
by the Spanish mayor. Obviously Spaniards have some sense of humour. :)

Prev: Re: other periods Next: SV: other periods