Prev: RE: [DS]Reason for going to DS2 Next: RE: [DS]Reason for going to DS2

RE: Mercs as Peacekeepers

From: "laserlight@q..." <laserlight@quixnet.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 10:52:38 -0500
Subject: RE: Mercs as Peacekeepers

I'd rather have PMCs do the job, rather than forcing our troops to wear
the blue beanie, or--far worse--giving the UN permanent military forces.
 If the UN gets its own army, it *will* expand and it *will* find
something to do, even when it shouldn't.

However, we have those miniatures to account for.  So how about let's
assume the UN does have its permanent forces but they are legally
restricted in the number of troops under arms.	 Then you'd have
ambitious bureaucrats illegally or semi-legally using mercs to carry out
their agenda, and UNBOSS using "intelligence operatives" who are really
grunts, possibnly even fighting between different UN factions (blue hats
under one minister's control on one side, another UN  minister's private
troops on another, and UNBOSS squads against both).

Prev: RE: [DS]Reason for going to DS2 Next: RE: [DS]Reason for going to DS2