Prev: Re: Greetings, Aged One. Next: Re: Greetings, Aged One.

Re: Mercs as Peacekeepers

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@a...>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 22:57:03 -0600
Subject: Re: Mercs as Peacekeepers

On Thu, 14 Feb 2002 19:40:47 -0500, "Tomb" <tomb@dreammechanics.com>
wrote:

>And yes, Jon probably just wanted to use Mercs in his game (a la David
>Drake), but the idea has turned out to be fairly timely.

May I point out that mercenaries used as soldiers throughout history has
been
a mixed bag, success wise? Dying for your country is one thing, dying
for a
paycheque is something else. I'm far from convinced that mercenaries in
UN pay
would work.

http://www.hyperbear.com

"Now, see, if you combine different colours of light,
 you get white! Try that with Play-Doh and you get
 brown! How come?" - Alan Moore & Kevin Nolan,

Prev: Re: Greetings, Aged One. Next: Re: Greetings, Aged One.