Prev: RE: [FT] Strange Forces Next: [FT] More Thrust

Painting Glosses and Sparkle Effects

From: "Scott Clinton" <grumbling_grognard@h...>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 10:41:28 -0600
Subject: Painting Glosses and Sparkle Effects

I have been using "Aleene's Enhancers: Gloss Varnish"  I found it at my
local Hobby Lobby next to the Delt-Ceramcoat paints.  It goes on pretty
thin
(for a varnish), it is (of course) water based and has a real nice high
gloss.	After I spray my finished figs with Testors Dullcoat for
protection,
I go back and give the visors (or whatever) a quick coat or two of the
gloss
and they look real good.

Also, a few days ago I finally picked up a bottle of the "Delta
Ceramcoat:
Sparkle Glaze" that was mentioned on this list a month or so ago...  I
am
real happy with it.  On some of my visors it looks pretty nice, and by
adding more coats you can increase the 'sparkle effect'.

But, my greatest success has been with my Grey Aliens.	I have 10 of
these
guys I picked up at the $1 store.  They are dressed in the typical tight

fitting full body outfits of silver or blue (five of each).  Anyway, I
gave
their 'uniforms' three coats of the "Sparkle Glaze" and IMHO they look
fantastic!  It really gives them that "other world look".

IIRCC a few other folks on this list use Greys in their SG games.  Give
it a
try!  Of course your results may vary depending on the figs.  Good luck!

Scott

Prev: RE: [FT] Strange Forces Next: [FT] More Thrust