Prev: RE: [FT] One question Next: Re: Western conventions (was GenCon...)

RE: [FT] One question

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 15:01:40 -0800
Subject: RE: [FT] One question

Robertson, Brendan Wrote:

>Just to expand on this from a PSB view;
>PDS are designed to shoot fighters and do appropriate damage to
>disable/destroy them and hit lots of them at once.
>Class-1 beams & Class-1 K-guns are designed to kill starships.  It
doesn't
>matter how much damage they actually do, if a fighter is hit by one,
>there's
>not much left to recover (consider a K-1 round that hits is probably
the
>size of the fighter it hit...)
>One advantage of Class-1 beams over Class-1 K-guns is that the beam
gets a
>re-roll, while the K-gun doesn't.

Oh, it makes perfect sense - it just seemed incongruous with other
fighter
rules, until Oerjan reminded me about Beam-1 kill rules.

So the K-1 rules make sense.  I'm not at my books right now, are
scatterguns
affected by attacking Heavy fighters the same way PDS is?

2B^2

Prev: RE: [FT] One question Next: Re: Western conventions (was GenCon...)