Prev: RE: MicroTactix Games - The Future of Adventure Gaming... Now! Next: RE: [FT] One question

RE: [FT] One question

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 09:51:02 +1100
Subject: RE: [FT] One question

On Tuesday, February 12, 2002 5:21 AM, Oerjan Ohlson
[SMTP:oerjan.ohlson@telia.com] wrote:
> >OK, I read through FT, FB!, and part of FB2.  One wuestion.
According to

> >FB2, K-1's can be used in PDS mode and kill 1 fighter on a roll of 5
or
6.
> >Given the rest of the games rules, is it reasonable to assume they
kill a

> >HEAVY fighter on a roll of 6 only?
>
> No. Class-1 Beam Batteries and Class-1 K-guns both ignore the Heavy
> modification.
> Oerjan

Just to expand on this from a PSB view;
PDS are designed to shoot fighters and do appropriate damage to
disable/destroy them and hit lots of them at once.
Class-1 beams & Class-1 K-guns are designed to kill starships.	It
doesn't
matter how much damage they actually do, if a fighter is hit by one,
there's
not much left to recover (consider a K-1 round that hits is probably the
size of the fighter it hit...)
One advantage of Class-1 beams over Class-1 K-guns is that the beam gets
re-roll, while the K-gun doesn't.

Brendan

Prev: RE: MicroTactix Games - The Future of Adventure Gaming... Now! Next: RE: [FT] One question