Prev: Links (was Re: MicroTactix...) Next: RE: Ship designs

Re: FT: Ship designs

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 13:04:47 -0800
Subject: Re: FT: Ship designs

Roger Burton West wrote:

> >1.  I was considering a new class of ship, the Destroyer Escort (DE).
 It
> >would be in the same mass range as the DD or CL, and would sacrifice
> >offensive firepower for increased PDS and ADFC capability.  Has
anyone
> >tried this before, and if so, how well does it work?
>
>See recent posts on the use of small ships (thread starting with "I'm
in
>love with Pulse Torpedoes (and tactics question)" in the archives). An
>anti-fighter ship is likely to be the target of concerted beam attacks
>from the enemy; also, if it's keeping in formation, it won't be able to
>use any high thrust it might have.

I was thinking more along the lines of using it in scenarios that call
for
small ships only both sides - not fleet actions involving the big boys.

That reduces the amount of spare fire the enemy can afford to direct
it's
way.  But it's somehting to consider, thanks.

2B^2

Prev: Links (was Re: MicroTactix...) Next: RE: Ship designs