Prev: Re: GenCon 2002 Events [FT/DS/SG] Next: Re: HIGH TECH WONDER INDIVIDUAL WEAPON

Re: HIGH TECH WONDER INDIVIDUAL WEAPON

From: "Robin Paul" <Robin.Paul@t...>
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2002 00:23:44 -0000
Subject: Re: HIGH TECH WONDER INDIVIDUAL WEAPON

----- Original Message -----
From: Brian Bilderback <bbilderback@hotmail.com>
To: <gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu>
Sent: Friday, February 08, 2002 10:19 PM

> DAWGIE wrote:
>
> >combat cameraman?
> >
> >a movie about  combat cameramen?
> >
> >this ought to be  strange  and interesting too.
>
> From what I've heard of the movie, it's more about the recon team he's
> assigned to cover.
>
> 2B^2

It was on BBC2 years ago, and I thought it was very good. IIRC you don't
actually see the cameraman himself- the whole film is as seen by his
camera.
FAIRLY VAGUE recollection follows.  The team start out thinking the trip
with the cameraman is pointless\funny\stupid etc. As the situation gets
more
difficult, the team start to "tell it like it is", sometimes being
filmed
unawares.  I _think_ it was made on a tiny budget, somewhere in the USA,
so
they're clearly not in Vietnam.  The nature of the story means there's
no
need for a big cast or huge SFX, so those aren't really problems.

Rob Paul

Prev: Re: GenCon 2002 Events [FT/DS/SG] Next: Re: HIGH TECH WONDER INDIVIDUAL WEAPON