Prev: RE: Merc motivations Next: RE: Re: FT: THEY CAME! THEY CAME!!!!!!

RE: Re: FT: THEY CAME! THEY CAME!!!!!!

From: "laserlight@q..." <laserlight@quixnet.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 15:15:28 -0500
Subject: RE: Re: FT: THEY CAME! THEY CAME!!!!!!

On Fri, Feb 08, 2002 at 07:28:36AM -0800, Brian Bilderback wrote:
>Rules:  I've only started reading FT, and have peeked at the FB's.  I
have
>a feeling I'm going to be a Vector fan, because the Cinematic rules as
>expounded in FT leave me cold.  Can't spin in place?  Can't go
backward?
>No thanks.

I started off with vector-only but have played more cinematic lately.
Vector (in my experience) tends to be "the fleets meet, there is much
firing and bloodshed for a turn or two, and the losers run off in the
direction they were headed while the winners try to turn around and
pursue."  Cinematic allows somewhat sneakier maneuvering.  Vector games
also tend to be shorter--1-2 turns after contact isn't all that unusal.
Of course, games with Islamic Fed ships tend to be fairly short anyway.

>How many rules that I'm reading about now in FT are going to be changed

>later in the FB's?  Should I even bother trying to play until I've read
all
>three?

FB goes to six arcs instead of four, new design sequence, and minor
changes in the weapons (eg a C battery can fire in point-defence mode).

Prev: RE: Merc motivations Next: RE: Re: FT: THEY CAME! THEY CAME!!!!!!