Prev: Re: Stormtroopers Next: RE: Merc motivations

Re: HIGH TECH WONDER INDIVIDUAL WEAPON

From: Derek Fulton <derekfulton@b...>
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2002 02:05:45 +1100
Subject: Re: HIGH TECH WONDER INDIVIDUAL WEAPON

At 09:54  7/02/02 +1100, you wrote:
>From: <KH.Ranitzsch@t-online.de>

> > > abilities - they can do
> > >
> > > So do we (.uk). They're called the SBS. :-)
> >
> > I have seen various books on the SBS. Admittedly rather less than
about
> > the SAS.
>
>There's also been a movie made about people in the Australian SAS
>during the Vietnam days, called "The Odd Angry Shot". Few Combat
>scenes though, and none of the LRRPS duties.

The lack of combat scenes was there for a reason, the title of the film
(and the novella, the film is based on) is a bit of a hint. Long periods
of
boredom punctuated by the odd angry shot. The film also did show LRRPS
duties, it just didn't make it all that obvious (if you remember the
film,
the search of the temple was one example) as the conduct of the war was
not
the film's main intention, the characters were.

Cheers

Derek

PS Trivia warning ******* There is one scene where the main characters
vent
their frustration on a rifle range, shooting the place up. During the
filming the Australian Army provided help and I once met a WO2	(Warrant

Officer, class 2) who as a young Corporal got to help in the making of
the
film by doing the actual 'shooting' of the rifle range (with his
section).
Of course, where did I run into this guy on a ..... rifle range :)

Derek Fulton
12 Balaka st.
Rosny, Hobart.
Tasmania,  7018.
Australia

Phone; (03) 62459123
Mobile; 0438459123
Email; derekfulton@bigpond.com

Prev: Re: Stormtroopers Next: RE: Merc motivations